Thu, 18 Mar|
The Buzzstop Honey Centre & Cafe
The Great Migrant Brainstorm - Queenstown
Come and share your current reality, struggles, desires, ideas, and dreams. Our goal with this event is to grow together by listening to your concerns, celebrating our diversity, and empowering the community in the Queenstown Lakes District to co-create the next chapter of our shared narrative.
Time & Location
18 Mar 2021, 11:00 am – 8:30 pm NZDT
The Buzzstop Honey Centre & Cafe, 26 Hansen Road, Frankton, Queenstown 9371, New Zealand
About the event
Brought to you by the new migrant-supporting charitable organisation, The Kiwi Kit Community Trust, this event is intended to give migrant voices a chance to be heard so we, as a community, can address what they need most right now.
This event will occur in:
- Queenstown on Thursday, the 18th of March
- Wānaka on the 25th of March
*TWO TIME SLOTS EACH DAY* to ensure everyone can make it: 11am - 2pm and 5:30pm - 8:30pm.
NOTE: This specific page is for the Queenstown-based event.
This event will be a platform for migrants to express their biggest concerns, needs, and desires that they feel are inaccessible to them as a migrant.
This event will:
- Play music from a variety of cultures
- Provide food to celebrate international flavours
- Include breakout groups based on a wide variety of topics
- Allow migrants to speak their truth and actually be heard
- Enable local agencies to listen directly to migrants regarding what they need most right now
- Create a foundation for future plans to best support migrants
- Encourage the community to co-create solutions that are not currently being created for migrant problems
>> If you are interested in attending, please RSVP for your FREE TICKET.
>> If you are interested in volunteering to make this event special, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
>> If you, a group you are involved in, a local agency, a local business, or any other group would like to support this event to support migrants, please email us with your intention at email@example.com
Thank you for your interest and support!
Let's make a difference together. The community needs us right now.